Tuesday, 26 July 2011


Lecturer jobs require a publication record but I don't have a publication record, yet alone such a record in A* and B* rated journals. How do I get a publication record when I no longer am a research student and don't have a research job?

For the time being, I'm pootling around having fun as a user experience developer on a new OU network for learning, SocialLearn. Sadly, this is not a research associate position and doesn't officially provide the experience or skills that a lecturer needs.

I could:
  1. make a participant study of relationships between users and contractors who are developing the web site. That builds on the business research I've done for my PhD
  2. research the user experience - that builds on research studies in a different field

No comments: