Wednesday 7 May 2008

PhD progress report

We're supposed to write up progress reports every six months, so October-March means my first should have been in a bit ago. Supervisors signed it off yesterday - hurray! What they wrote is the nearest to positive that I've had, but then feedback from them is usually verbal, not written.

They point out:
  1. I've moved from accountability to a focus on effective management of consultants - yes, but that's why I don't keep my original first supervisor.
  2. I'm still reviewing the literature - do I ever get to stop?
  3. I've negotiated relevant access to a supplier - yes
  4. I'm addressing writing skills "in a more clearly expository style" - he means that I don't usually give enough detail of what I've read and why it's relevant
  5. I'm meeting performance targets. :) Big smile (but do I know what they are?)

I have now to do more on the literature review, focus research questions and outline the methodology for the probationary review in July.

No comments: