Tuesday 13 July 2010

Restructuring

Supervisors advise me to restructure my case studies, which I understand because I can't have five chapters, one for each case study, at 8,000-10,000 - it doesn't fit in with a balanced thesis. To structure it I should write round the framework I have built from the literature and the case studies and answer four questions:
  1. Which conditions were important for producing qualities of engagement
  2. What else made it possible for people to produce these qualities?
  3. Which qualities of engagement emerged over time?
  4. What kind of value resulted and how?
I should answer the first and third questions together because they address the components of engagement, what preconditions or steering factors were there initially and what emerged. The second and third questions address how these components/conditions/factors connected.

That's the idea. I'm just not quite sure what I'm doing.

No comments: