Wednesday 14 May 2008

Supervision meeting - new supervisor #1

That was fun but a bit exhausting today! It was the longest supervision yet at over two hours.

Supervisor #1 is quite different from previous. And the relationship with supervisor #2 is interesting because he was or used to be the one who seemed to talk as much or more. New supervisor #1 not only talked lots, but also drew diagrams. I like that. I thought that one diagram was a system diagram, but she said that she didn't like systems. Well, I expect I'll use some systems theory to analyse whatever comes up eventually so I'll just have to explain it right so that she does like systems.

We talked a lot about a set of research questions, like one big question from which I could draw a number of other questions, but also phrase it to avoid having a big chunk of literature to read like accountability or value. I have heaps of notes, my usual recording and diagrams.

Now I have to work out where to go from here.

No comments: