Thursday 15 November 2007

Job interview

I had a quite intensive interview to tutor a business course. They started even before I sat down by asking if we'd met before then where. Discussion didn't give me good vibes since one of the interviewers was someone who'd interviewed me before and didn't give me the job - in fact she was quite scathing in her debriefing. That was a useful experience because it made me realise that there might be something in the culture that doesn't match your own values, and in fact you don't want the job because of that clash.

Preparation had included:
  • an electronic in-tray
  • an electronic assignment to mark
  • a 10 minute tutorial to prepare
Questions included:
  • how do you deal with the range of students
  • how do you involve the student who doesn't want to participate
  • what tutoring was I already doing
  • a question on a business topic
Trouble is, I feel so tense in those situations that I can't remember when I come out what they had asked about.

No comments: