Thursday 29 November 2007

Review of accountability

I'm to review the literature on accountability. I read literature on this for my MRes and attempted to make sense of the construct of accountability, writing and rewriting for months. If I'm to review the literature I suppose I go back to what I had first time round, and reread it. And add to it.

Searches
I've been search EBSCO for 'accountability' with other words:
  • public accountability
  • public accountability AND logic
  • logic of accountability
  • accountabilities AND logics
  • public accountability AND review
  • public accountability AND review AND literature- no recent review of the literature on accountability
  • Accountability review NOT accounting
  • participatory accountability - results seem to be about poverty & third world
  • participatory theory AND accountability
  • accountability AND risk-taking
  • ethical accountability - the results seem to relate to adverts
Then I followed up some systems writing by Flood [1] and looked for
  • public accountability AND structure - best is Pugh et al from years ago
  • public accountability AND processes
  • public accountability AND meaning - hits seem a bit old
  • public accountability AND power AND knowledge - no hits here
  • public accountability AND power



[1] Flood, Robert, L., Rethinking the Fifth Discipline: Learning Within the Unknowable (Paperback)at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rethinking-Fifth-Discipline-Learning-Unknowable/dp/0415185300/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196353306&sr=8-1

No comments: